Privacy – Personal Financial and Medical Information
Protecting the privacy of your personal financial and medical information has always been and will continue to be a matter of top priority for us. When used in this notice, the following terms have the meanings shown.
- Public information means information that is lawfully available to the general public from: Federal, State or local government records; widely distributed media; or disclosures to the general public that are required to be made by Federal, State or local law.
- Non-Public information means personally identifiable financial and medical information. It also means any list, description or other grouping of individuals, and publicly available information pertaining to them, that is derived from any personally identifiable information that is not publicly available.
- Consumer Reporting Agency means an entity which regularly provides reports (Consumer Reports) including information regarding an individual’s: general reputation, character, personal characteristics or mode of living and financial status. The information may be obtained through interviews with the individual or third parties such as the individual’s: business associates, family members, friends, neighbors, acquaintances or financial sources.
We obtain information about you from the following sources:
- Information that you provide to us in an application or other form;
- Information about your transactions with us (such as premium payments, loans, claims, etc.) or others; and
- Information that we may receive from a Consumer Reporting Agency.
We do not disclose any personal, Non-Public, information about you to anyone, except as permitted or required by law. We will not disclose personal medical information about you, except as permitted by law or as you may authorize.
We restrict access to your personal, insurance and medical information to those of our employees who need to know that information in order to provide insurance or service to you. We are, and will continue to be, vigilant in the safeguarding of your personal financial and medical information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to comply with Federal and State regulations and safeguarding of Non-Public information.
It is our sincere desire to maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date records. You may contact us at the address or telephone number shown above, to access as provided by law, information included in your file. We will promptly correct any error in our information. To protect your privacy, you will need to identify yourself by providing us with your name, date of birth and social security number.